Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to CI Fantasy Sports
1. How do I sign up for a contest? To sign up for a contest with US, you must create a profile with our site. This profile will be created for you if you mailed in an entry to one of our HOSTED Contests (Such as newspaper contests we administer), or you click the login link and then click Create Profile in the login box. Either way a specific profile will be set up for you and then you can use the profile to sign up for any contest you wish to play or qualify to play in.
2. Profile Creation and Email Address Collection: Each profile will require a valid email address. Each profile will be limited to the number of entries per contest (2 to unlimited) as specified by the Contest Host. For example: Each profile will be allowed to have 2 entries per contest in the Tee Off Fantasy Golf Challenge. Each email address can be used as many times as you wish for the profile registration process. Each profile will be asked to create a unique username that you will use for your login credentials. This must be unique and is only allowed once in our system. If you choose a username that is currently active in our system, you will be asked to make an alternate choice. We do not offer solutions or suggestions of username.
3. How do I register for a newspaper contest for a specific newspaper? Once you have created your profile or log back into a previously made profile, you then will click the appropriate link to register for a contest....say Fantasy Cup Hockey Challenge. Once you have clicked the link that takes you to the current Fantasy Cup Hockey Challenge registration page, you will be asked to select the appropriate HOST you wish to register for by using a drop down box. Your choices may be, The Winnipeg Free Press, CI Fantasy Sports, Victoria Times Colonist, etc. Once you select that choice click continue and you will move onto the other segments of the registration process.
4. I MAILED in my ENTRY into the newspaper and now what? Mailed in entries will have access to recover their entries as part of the Retrieve Entry process on the login page. Using your name, postal code and the 4 digit/letter password you submitted on your entry form, you will be able to recover your entry or have your entries assigned to previous profiles generated from other contests you have entered with us. All mailed in entries will be processed in a timely manner, and you will have access to recover your entry as soon as the data is in our system. In the case of most contests, we will start to gather this information in the last week of the contest (this is when the Hosts/Newspapers begin to send us these entries). Once the data is recovered it will be verified and added to our online system. The earliest you can expect to access mailed in entries in our system is 7 days following the registration closing date of the contest. For example: Tee Off Golf registration ends May 30th, 2008. The earliest you will see mailed in entries in our system is June 7th, 2008. Therefore mailed in entries will not have access to recover their entry information till that date or later. We do our best to match current profiles we have in our system with the mailed in entries we receive.....however this is a not a 100% match guarantee and if you know you mailed in an entry and you do not see it or it has not been added to your profile, please contact our support services and we will assist you this way. Contact: email@example.com for assistance.
5. Where is the prize information and who awards these prizes? Each host...Newspaper or CI Fantasy Sports, will Award and post the prizing in their rules and regulations, in their newspaper or on their website. They will award the the prizing they state under the terms and conditions of their own organization and it may require residency qualifications. Be sure to check with each host if you qualify for a prize award. For all our Hosted contests for newspapers, each newspaper will post the prize categories and the awards in their newspaper or on their own website. They fully control that notification and award process. If you are playing a CI Fantasy Sports Hosted contest then we will contact you by email on your award in the 14 days following the qualification of your award. We will then process the award and either mail or electronically send that award to you. All our prize award information is listed in the rules and regulations of the contest or on the contest direct web pages.
6. Contest or player stats do not seem to match what I have seen elsewhere? In our process of reporting and collecting stats, we will wait for the verification process of those stats, and this means that we ignore the box score results that many other reporting organizations use. In this format, especially with West Coast Game results and stats, they verified stats will not meet our time frame for daily update. In these cases the stats will be added to the next days stats run, and points allocated based on the night they were earned and not collected. We re-verify all stats for the full year in case stats are re-adjusted , re-allocated, added or deleted during the season. Stats may take 24 to 48 hours to be verified and represent online. If they are not represented within 5 days, please contact our support service and we will investigate. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. What are extra trades? Extra trades are just that.....extra trades that are made available for purchase during the course of he contest. These trades are available to FREE Entry Non service package holders and to FREE entry service package holders. They give the ability of each entry to modify their selections and rosters for the duration of the contest. Extra trades are not a requirement to play any of the contests we offer.
8. What are the rules and regulations of the contests you have? Each contest and each Host may have their own specific set of rules and regulations. For each contest we run, we will post a rules and regulations section. there you will be able to view a specific contest/host set of rules and regulations or a generic rules and regulations for the contest. The registration process requires you to agree to the terms and conditions of the rules and regulations and to be bound by them for the duration of the contest. it is important you read and understand all the rules and regulations and that you are aware of any specific eligibility requirements imposed by the hosts.
email us a question: email@example.com
Last revised: June 2012